If a user can not perform their tasks because they will not be working for a given amount of time, the Out of office function makes it possible for a performer to delegate their tasks to another specified substitute performer.
Note: This function needs to be enabled on the desired application(s), see Enable Out of office.
Note: You must have a list connected to the actual tasks you want another performer to access through the out of office function.
How to set a substitute performer
1. Go to Edit account and click on Out of office tab in the menu on the left-hand side.
2. Tick the Activate out of office checkbox and fill in the appropriate information for start date, end date and message to the substitute user.
3. You will see all your pages listed at the bottom of your page. In the Application field for each space, you can choose to mark All applications in a space or mark desired ones individually. Add the substitute performer in the User field by entering an email address to an existing performer.
4. When you are out of office and logged in to Process Automation, a banner is shown in the top of the page reminding you that you are out of office.
Note: Even if you are out of office, you are still able to complete your tasks.
How will my substitute performer access my tasks
When assigning your tasks to a substitute performer he/she will get an email with the information of your out of office. Then it is your task lists that will be shared with the substitute performer and it is through this they will be able to access and perform your task.
Note: A substitute user will only receive the out of office user’s email notifications if the out of office user was directly assigned to the task, not assigned via a group.
Note: A substitute user will NOT get notification mail that was meant for the out of office user if the target of the mail was based on a form value. For example: "Mail the person in field Form.Field1". In cases like this where the email recipient is linked through a value list, then the email will only be sent to the out of office user and not the substitute.
How to terminate the out of office before end date
If you are returning to your office earlier than the assigned end date you can terminate the setting and resume your task.
1. Go to Edit account and then click on Out of office in the left menu.
2. Untick the Activate out of office checkbox
This will remove your task list from your substitute performer and send an email with information that you have returned