This guide will show how to configure the process for sending an email to a user that has been chosen from a drop-down (dataset) field.
First, you need to set up the drop-down field for the form.
- Go to space settings > Value lists and create a new "Extended value list". Read more about Extended Value Lists here.
- Name the columns to the content of the cell. For example, change column A to “Name” and change column B
- Save the value list
Configure the form with the drop-down field. (Read more about how to set up forms here)
- Open the form you want to add the drop-down field to.
- Find the drop-down field on the left-hand side under "Metadata fields (extended value lists)" and add it to the form.
- Rename the field to something that represents the content, for example, Users.
- Add a new textfield to the form and rename it ”email” and add the attribute “valueFrom” with the content:
the Users.email, where the users are the name of the drop-down and the email is the name of the column.
This is the result.
- Save the form
Set up the message event in the process.
- Go to the process and add an intermediate event.
- Right-click on it and choose "Add new event trigger
- Add a throwing message and open the message menu by clicking on the arrow and selecting "Configure Message".
- Click on the address book plus sign under "To:" and choose Form field. Select the form and the text field that contains the email address and press save.