To filter among performers depending on previous performers in a role assigned to a task or a lane use Performers Filters.
There are three different filters:
- All - default setting that give all performers in the assigned role permissions to perform the task(s)
- Previous - the role is filtered according to the previous performer
- All previous - the role is filtered on all previous performers
How to add a Performers Filter
1. Double click at a lane or a task that you want to add a filter to. The settings panel opens.
2. Open the Roles settings and the Performers Filter selections are shown, Mark the preferred value and the filter is saved automatically.
When to use Performers Filters
Performers filters are used to steer who will be the performer in a certain role when there are a group of potential performers. For instance in the process example above where customers can create support tickets, you want to make sure that the customer who created the ticket is the one who get the task to "Complement ticket information", if needed. In this case you should set the performers filter to "Previous", which mean that the performer of the "Complement ticket information" task will be the same performer who previously acted in the specific role.
If the performers filter "All" would be set in the example above, all clients would have got the task to "Complement ticket information". This is probably something you don't want, if you have more than one client!