To filter among performers depending on previous performers in a role assigned to a task or a lane use Performers Filters.
There are three different filters:
- All - default setting that gives all performers in the assigned role permissions to perform the task(s)
- * Previous - the role is filtered according to the previous performer.
- * All previous - the role is filtered on all previous performers
*These filters may impact other role assignments. For example, the Previous filter will overrule any other roll or lane assignments, like in the example below.
How to add a Performers Filter
1. Double click at a lane or a task that you want to add a filter to. The settings panel opens.
2. Open the Roles settings and the Performers Filter selections are shown, Mark the preferred value and the filter is saved automatically.
When to use Performers Filters
Performers filters are used to assign who will be the performer in a certain role when there is a group of potential performers. For instance, in the process example above where customers can create support tickets, you want to make sure that the customer who created the ticket is the one who will get the task to Complement ticket information, if needed. In this case you should set the performers filter to Previous, which mean that the performer of the Complement ticket information task will be the same performer who previously acted in the specific role.
If the performers filter All would be set in the example above, all clients would have got the task to Complement ticket information. If you have more than one client, this is probably not something you want to happen.
NOTE: If the performers filter Previous performer is applied to a task