2014.3 is a release that is completely focused on new and improved features for the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0 apart from a few items. This release brings some great improvements to the experience of creating process models and apps for BPMN 2.0 and also adds features related to the Functionality GAP between the Barium BPMN Modeler 1.0 and the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0.
1. You can now create new Form Templates directly from the modeling tool and drag-and-drop them onto the process model. Simply open the Asset Browser and click on the plus icon beside the text Templates. A new template will be created and opened in a new window in your browser for you to edit form fields, layouts and more.
The created template will show up underneath the Templates heading and can be continuously edited at any time by clicking on the edit icon that looks like a pen.
This feature makes it easy to access and manage forms directly from the modeling tool without having to leave the modeling tool to access forms
Read more about Templates.
2. It is now possible to add and configure Deadlines on User Tasks that will show up in lists and on tasks when running the process. Double click on a User Task and open the User Task settings section. There is a setting called Deadline which can be turned on and off. Turning it on will let you configure the deadline setting for the task with a user-friendly wizard.
Read more about Task deadlines.
3. Assign Role is a new setting that can be set on a sequence flow that is connected from a User Task which, if activated will let the user who is completing the task to assign one or more users to a role for upcoming tasks in the process application. This is useful in those cases that a person is supposed to manually choose who is supposed to perform certain tasks for the specific instance.
Read more about Assign Roles.
4. Set Previous Performer is a new setting that can be set on Lanes and Tasks which will easily allows you to ensure that a task is given to a person who has previously been involved in the process. A useful example to use this is for those cases that you want to send something back to the specific person that started the instance to complement or comment.
Read more about Performers filters.
5. In the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0 we have added a new button in the top menu called Go to process page that, when pressed will open the current process model in a new window and show how end users will see it. The process page shows the latest published version of the process model.
Changes and Improvements
1. We have changed the way you add fields to a DataObject and removed the simple mode where you simply add a field, give it a name and choose what type of field it is. Now you choose a Form Template that you want to use or create a new Form Template. Adding fields to the form is done by editing the Form Template which opens the form editor in a new browser window which gives you the full form editing capabilities of editing the form content and layout.
Previous form settings to the left and new form settings to the right.
2. BPMN 2.0 process applications can now be triggered directly from the Process Page. A user with the correct permissions will see a Play icon on the Start Events that the user can trigger and click on it. The form will open and a new instance can be created.
3. If a Space Start Page is showing a BPMN 2.0 process model, the blue button Open Process model is now renamed to Go to process page and it has also been repositioned and redesigned to better fit the rest of the design.
Before and after the update
4. When viewing a BPMN 2.0 process model on the Process Page the button edit process model has been repositioned and redesigned as well. This button is only shown for those users that are allowed to edit the process model.
Before and after the update
5. We have made it easier to configure task types and the individual settings for each type of task by removing the button where you choose a type of task and merged the task type choice and settings into the same place. It’s more intuitive that way.
6. The animation that centers a symbol in the modeling tool when chosen from the validation pane is no better and smoother.
7. Smoother modeling experience in Internet Explorer.
8. Clicking on the plus icon on a Call Activity from the modeling tool will open the process model page for the process in a new window of the browser.
9. Slight improvements have been made to the configuration interface for events in the modeling tool to better illustrate catching/throwing events and it has been made a little bit more intuitive when choosing one or more events.
10. Improved user administration when adding or inviting new users to Spaces and Contracts. The person inviting new user can now see the number of remaining licenses that are available according to the contract that the space is a part of.
- Fixed an issue where the List Administration would time out and throw an error
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to delete a deployed BPMN 2.0 process model
- Fixed an issue where new users could not be added to a contract even though it should be
- Fixed some User Interface related issues in the BPMN 2.0 modeling tool