2014.2 introduces the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0, a brand new modeling tool that makes process modelling faster, simpler and more collaborative. For this release we also added new and improved features for external users to interact with process applications and boosted the user management capabilities for space and contract administrators. We have also made some fine tuning to the Barium Live graphic profile with an updated logotype. Read all about this and more in the Release Notes.
1. Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0 is the brand new process modeling tool that we have been working on for about a years time and that takes the modeling experience to a whole new level. Everything that we have learned from our users regarding process modeling the past years has been input to this new modeling experience.
Read more about the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0
2. The External Overview Status Page is a new feature that allows external users to follow the status of their process instance. Compare it to the Pack Track features that postal services offer but with much better capabilities to present information and and to allow the external user to interact with the instance as it is running.
This feature is activated and configured for a process application. As a process configurator you can design the layout and content of the external page using process and form variables mixed with design elements. You can choose to present modeled intermediate events on the external page so that your end users can interact with the process instance to add information, cancel the instance or interact according to the model. You can also allow external users to upload file attachments to the process instance content folder.
Read all about how to activate and configure the External Status Overview Page.
1. The Contract Management on Barium Live has been improved to give Contract Owners and Space Owners improved capabilities to manage their users on Barium Live.
Manage Contract is a new button that contract owners can click on to access improved tools such as:
- See which users are enabled or disabled
- Which spaces they are a member of
- Better tools to add new users to a space and a contract
- Exporting all users to Excel for further data mining.
Read all about Contract Management.
2. Custom Confirmation Messages for external start events was first introduced in the last update (2014.1.1).
In this release we have updated the design for the default Confirmation Message page to have the same graphical design as the space to make it more appealing.
3. We have updated our logo for Barium Live. The update has already been made on our Web Page (www.bariumlive.com) and we have now made the same updates on the web service.
Customers that use “Custom Headers” for their Spaces are not affected except for a small update of the Barium Live logo on the places it is displayed on.
All new Spaces and current spaces that have not activated “Custom Headers” will notice that the logotype is slightly better after the upgrade.
4. For the feature comments, the standard “Empty text” that is shown in the comments fields to add new comments to forms and instances has been improved. Instead of just saying Write a comment... it now says Write a comment.. use @name or @role to notify other users. This helps user to better understand that it is possible to specifically notify others of the specific comment if needed.
5. We have added file type icons to each URL or file that is attached to a process task when viewing the process from the Space Start Page with the attachment pane open. This makes it easier to understand the type of attachment the process has.
6. Process viewers now have the possibility to see a list of Process Models on their Space Start Page, underneath the list of Start Events that can be triggered. On the bottom of the list is a link called “Show all” that shows the process list of all the process models that are available for the logged on Process Viewer to view.
This means that Process Viewers now have the possibility to find process models more easily and in more ways than just navigating through the main process model found on the Space Start Page.
7. E-mails that are sent from a process application are queued to be sent out on a scheduled basis. Earlier this schedule has been set to once every 5 minutes. Now the schedule has been improved to send out e-mails once every minute instead. The same goes for events in the process such as messages between applications, they are now triggered and managed every minute.
1. The button to create a new process has changed name from “Create new process” to “Create BPMN 1.0 process” so that users can see a difference between the buttons to create process models using the Barium Live BPMN Modeler 1.0 and Barium Live BPMN Modeler 2.0 tools.
2. Any instances that are triggered via an API integration are now scheduled to start once every 60 seconds instead of being triggered immediately. This is to minimize the load for integrated clients as well as for Barium Live. If you have an integration with Barium Live today then you will notice that instances that are triggered via the API can take up to 60 seconds before showing up in Lists.
- Fixed an issue where documents added to Containers in a process model could not be opened in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where some e-mail messages were sent to disabled accounts.
Fixed an issue where some users would experience a “time-out error” when viewing a list containing very many items that has many columns and filters configured on it as well.
- Fixed a number of stability and performance issues when loading large amounts of data.