The task overview can contain formatted text annotations (task instructions) but also tables containing selected form data. This way you can make particularly important form data easily accessible to participants, and less advanced participants do not even have to have access to complex forms.
Tables in the task view
By default a task overview takes upp two thirds of the task view. The view can be configured to show for example a form instead, but the overview will always be available form the right side panel.
The task overview automatically contains task information, and can also contain text annotations to guide the user through the task. Below this guiding text, the form data table is displayed.
Set up tables
Follow these steps to create a table:
1. Right-click on the task and choose to Properties. In the Properties panel, click on DataObjectFields under Misc. Then click on the three dots to the right to open an editor (see image below).
2. Click Add to start adding the first table row.
3. In the first field, type the name (table row title) that will present the field value. In the second one, type the variable that will bring out the field value. Use the notation below.
The DataID is found by right-clicking on the form in the modeler and choosing Properties (the default value is DataObject1 for the first added form). The FieldName is found in the form editor. Click on the field, and the name is the value presented after Name in the box in the lower right hand corner. You can read more about finding the ID and the name in the Picking up form data: DataID & FieldName article.
4. Click Add to add more rows to the table, and repeat the procedure above. (If you accidently click Ok instead, just open the editor again like in step 1 above.)
5. Click Ok to return to the process model.
Now you are done! Just create/upgrade the application and the task participant will see your table in the task overview.
NOTE: Make sure that the form is filled out – in a starting point or another task – before the process reaches the task you just configured. Otherwise there will be no data to display.