Before modeling a BPMN 1.0 process model you need to set up the modeling tool. The procedure gives you access to the Barium BPMN Desktop Modeler, but it also prepares Internet Explorer for modeling within the browser. To do this, follow the steps below.
You must install the modeling tool using Internet Explorer. If you would like to use some other web browser later on, for example Firefox or Google Chrome, you can use all features but the modeling tool. instead you must use Barium BPMN Modeler to model processes, and then upload them to Barium Live.
1. Click Setup modeling support on your Start page.
2. Click Download and Install in the dialogue and follow the short installation process.
Note! You need to have administrator permissions on your computer to be able to install the modeling plug-in.
3. When the installation is complete, press Finish to restart Internet Explorer.
4. The Barium BPMN Desktop Modeler for offline purposes will now open. Either you can use it or you can go modeling online.
Still unable to model processes?
If you run IE9, make sure you run it in 32-bit mode.
To run IE9 in 32-bit mode, go to the Start menu and look for Internet Explorer that don't have (64-bit) after its name.
If you are still unable to model processes check that the url https://live.barium.se is listed under Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer:
1. Choose Internet Options in Internet Explorer. The following dialogue will appear:
2. Click on the tab Security.
3. Click on the green tick symbol and then click on the Sites button. The following dialogue will now appear:
4. Make sure that 'https://live.barium.se' is listed in the Websites box. If it isn't, then add it and close the dialogue.