In the instance view you get an overview of the entire instance, with all active and completed tasks, documents and forms and other information.
For descriptions, see corresponding numbers below.
Instance view parts
1. Header with instance name.
2. Close button to return to the instance list, plus breadcrumbs giving the opportunity to navigate upwards in the application hierarchy (Application View > Instance View).
3. Tasks containing active and completed tasks within the instance and Alerts contains error notifications (if there are any).
4. A list of active and completed tasks within the instance. Double-click on a task to open it. If a task is greyed it means you don't have access to that task and are not allowed to open it.
5. Tab containing the process model, giving you an overview of the entire process.
6. Buttons allowing you to reset the list (after filtering or rearranging), update it or export it to Excel.
7. Instance information.
8. Tab containing common tasks within the instance. Instance configuration is available to you if you have at least editing permission to the application.
9. Tab containing discussions around the document open in the workspace area to the left. By default no document is open. Open one from the default tab described in #10 below to access this tab.
10. Default tab (its content is initially visible in the larger area below the tab) containing available documents and forms. There is also a New button giving you the opportunity to upload new documents. Here you can also manage existing documents.
11. Tab containing an activity log, displaying the history of the instance.